Saturday, November 6, 2010

And we're off!!

Well It is 9:30am on Saturday. We are a half hour from landing in Vancouver.  A Special Thanx to Big Kathy for picking us up at 5:30am and making sure we got through security!
 I didn’t sleep well last night. Christine did! Go figure (usually it is the other way).  Can’t wait to get to China. Christine is sleeping right now and I am watching Inception - a very cool movie.
In Vancouver we have a 5 hour lay over and then the final 12 hours to Beijing. We will get there around 4pm Sunday Beijing time.
We spent Friday (yesterday) doing last minute things.  We bought watches (neither of us had one, because we just use cell phones normally), picked up Alpaca feed, and did our final packing.
Then I realized while looking at Tahlia’s room, we hadn't unpacked any of her toys or assembled her highchair.  We didn’t want her coming home at 11pm on Thursday November 18th and not having toys ready to use. So I unpacked her new farm and her cube toy thing. Then I tried to assemble the highchair, couldn't find any instructions, started yelling, and then the instructions fell out of the seat part!  It was actually pretty easy to put together.
Well about to land, time to turn off the netbook. OH just saw the end of Inception….guess I have to watch it again, is he awake in the end?  I'll have time to catch a few movies on the way to Beijing. After that, I am worried it will be all Blues Clues and something called  4 Square.
Todd

8 comments:

  1. Nice to see the blog is working nicely so far! We're anxiously awaiting your first family pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 3:00 am (2:00 if you changed your clock - I didn't) and I am thinking you are just getting off the plane in Beijing. We are watching your travels with much anticipation. Can't wait for your updates and to welcome you all home on the 18th. Love you all. Mmmmwahhhh. XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you landed safely (on flight tracker). I think it's 8 pm there now and you will be getting ready to travel tomorrow and must be dreaming of holding Tahlia in your arms. I can't wait. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is soaring for you!!! I thought about you all day yesterday! Brad and I are just waiting to hear how everything goes! Take it all in, take deep breaths and try to take mental note of everything... it's so different when you look back. Take lots of pictures and enjoy every minute... even the stressful ones! You're probably just going to bed... hopefully you're already asleep... your last night without Tahlia... Best wishes you two!

    Amber and Brad

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo exciting!!!! The kids make me check the blog many times a day. Todd, I was right you do need more clocks (watches) in your home:) Give Tahlia hugs and kisses from all of us tomorrow when you meet her. We are thinking of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending our love and hugs to you in China! I am praying for smiles tomorrow from your precious girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two look so happy... beaming! I too am just over the top excited for you. Can't seem to put it into words. Am so looking forward to your updates and your first picture as a family!

    (BTW Todd, I LOVED Inception. I think I'm ranking it as my #1 favorite movie. Is he awake at the end? Who knows!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Virginia S.

    1. Hi Lynne - how absolutely fantastic!! What a little charmer she is! I tried leaving a comment on the link below but I'm not sure it went through so could you, just in case, tell them:

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    I'm starting up a white dove release business (http"//highflightdoves.weebly.com) and I would be DELIGHTED if I could do a release next spring as a welcome gift for Tahlia. It would have to be when Todd, Christine & Tahlia visit out here because right now I've only trained my homing pigeons for 25 mile flights.

    2. Hi Lynne,

    Just checked the blog and I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes! This is a true Cinderella story isn't it? I hope little Tahlia will someday realize how very much she's loved even before Todd & Christine arrived in China. Their excitement and joy just shine through on that blog!

    I never thought I'd say this but I WISH I knew how to do the blogging bit just so I could give Todd & Christine a long-distance hug! Forward this message on to them please so they know there's more than one person wishing them an extra happy ending to their journey even though said person is not computer-savvy enough to blog!! (now, if you wanted me to replace one of the vacuum tubes out of the UNIX computers that my Dad used to work on, then I'm your girl! His idea of "babysitting" was to take my sister & I down to the office when the tubes needed to be replaced; we had small hands you see to get into the little nooks & crannies of this monster machine!)

    And now, I think I'll troy down to my pigeons and choose "Tahlia's pigeon" and start working on getting it really used to humans so that she can actually hold it next spring! And tell Todd & Christine to give their "Sunshine" a hug from an auntie-in-waiting!

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete