Sunday, November 7, 2010

This is the day....

It is 5 am Monday morning in Beijing. We are on a big bus on the way to the airport to go to Talhia's home province – about a 3 hour flight.

The flight from Vancouver to Beijing was fine. I had not thought about it but it was very interesting, for the entire 11 hour+ flight we were in daylight. We left Vancouver at 1:30pm Saturday and arrived in Beijing at 4pm (14 hour time change) Sunday.  We got to our hotel at 5 minutes to 6pm and at 6pm we met most of the other 17 families at a group dinner. We went for Chinese food and I had a local beer.  It was a very good meal and only cost us 37 Yen (less than $3 each including drinks)!

It was a long day yesterday we were up for about 28 hours and yes I watched Inception again and I am still not sure I understand the ending.

Sooo this is it, the day we have been waiting for. We will meet Talhia around 2pm local time (around midnight Wpg time).
Todd

5 comments:

  1. It's 845 here now, so you are on the plane. 3 more hours to go!!!! Hugs to all of you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have Talhia in your arms right now and that makes my heart soar!!!! Congratulations mama and papa! It's surreal, it's wonderful, it's frightning, it's uncertain and yada yada yada for you, but enjoy it! Take lots of pictures and videos because things are going to change fast and you'll appreciate seeing the progress! Thinking of you as you get to know your little girl!

    Amber and Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 8:36 here - we woke up this morning at 5:30am and the first thing I thought of was that you were now a family of 3 - congratulations. Can't wait to see pictures of you all together. Hope all is well and we are all thinking of you.

    Love Aunty Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I'm right in there with Lorrie - I've been waking up at crazy early times (5:00am yesterday and 4:30am this morning) and the first thing I do is check the blog to see if there is any news! I am just so excited and happy for you both! I'm sure by now you have Tahlia. I have been praying that she welcomes you into her life with open arms. So much change is coming but worth every minute of it in the end. Love you all.
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same Lorna. I'm checking this thing several times a day. I found an app for my ipod so that I can check the blog when I'm not at home. I'm very anxious to hear every detail. Good to hear that there are other families there. Won't feel so all alone. Take care, Lisa

    ReplyDelete