Friday, November 5, 2010

Our bags are packed, we're ready to go.....






I can't believe how much luggage we have!  But in our defense (or mine really), each suitcase is well under the limit and we're leaving the biggest one in Beijing for the second leg of our trip.

So we're ready to leave - Todd's already asleep in bed, I know...shocking.  A man needs his beauty sleep!!  I figure I can sleep on the plane....we'll be on them for long enough!

This week has been very busy with tons of last minute things to do -  a new To-Do list each day.   Thank you to those who helped figure out how to get the baby seat in the car (thanks dad!), answered tons of questions about the details of the china adoption trip (from a mom who's already been - thanks amber!), and many others for offering to help, giving me advice, and of course going out for lunch!.

We just want to thank everyone for all their good thoughts and wishes.  We really appreciate how much support we have.  I've kept all of the cards and emails, so that I can someday show Tahlia how many people were waiting for her.

Our flight is at 7am tomorrow and we couldn't be more ready.    When you all wake up Monday morning, it will be evening in Guangzhou and we will have Tahlia in our arms.  We'll be a family of 3.

1 comment:

  1. This gave me goose bumps! I am reliving it all vicariously through you! You're hours away from becoming a mom (and dad, Todd)... and you've got a beautiful support system! Yay! Can't wait to hear more... if blogging doesn't work in China, don't worry... it's your time and everyone can just wait until you're able to update!

    ReplyDelete